Booking with us is Child's Play
We are pleased to be supplying you with our equipment. Please sign this Hire Agreement (in digital format) to confirm your acceptance of our terms and conditions. If you wish to cancel your hire because you do not agree with any of our terms, please contact us immediately and we will cancel your booking for you as equipment unfortunately cannot be hired out without your acceptance of our terms.
Kids Rule will endeavour to arrive promptly to all bookings. However, on the VERY rare occasion due to high traffic volume, road works or other circumstances beyond our control we cannot guarantee 100% that we will arrive at the exact time requested.
1. You (the "Hirer") are responsible for any injury or damage occurring whilst the equipment is on hire to you and you are strongly advised to take out Public Liability Insurance covering the use of our equipment whilst the hire takes place. Although Kids Rule holds £2m Public Liability Insurance, the Hirer will be responsible/liable for any loss, damage or injury occurring from or as a result of misuse or reckless use whilst on hire. Our terms and conditions are for the safety of all people using this equipment and it is the sole responsibility of the Hirer to ensure they are adhered to.
2. You must ensure that there is adequate adult supervision at all times when the equipment is in use. The equipment cannot be left unattended and if hired overnight (with the permission of Kids Rule), the equipment along with all accessories is to be stored indoors or in a secure private area (unless instructed otherwise by Kids Rule).
3. The Hirer is responsible for safekeeping of the equipment and you will be charged for any damage caused to it or for any items missing from all equipment on its return.
4. Equipment returned in an unacceptable dirty condition will be subject to a cleaning charge of a minimum of £10 (exceptions occur on certain items of equipment and this will be listed in their separate terms).
5. Food, drink, smoking, silly string, streamers and pets are forbidden on all equipment due to high risk of permanent damage which will need to be paid for by the Hirer.
6. Please ensure the delivery driver has free and easy access to erect onto a suitable area. If we arrive and there is insufficient space or the area is unsuitable (e.g. sloping or is unclean) full payment still has to be made.
7. Extra charges which may be applicable. If, when Kids Rule staff arrive to deliver the equipment, the area to which the equipment is to be set up is difficult to get to or a fair distance away (examples include steps, lifts, small doorways/long corridors/long pathways and long walkways around property to gardens) and the Hirer has not informed us in advance, Kids Rule reserve the right to charge additional costs for the extra time and labour incurred.
8. The majority of our equipment is for indoor use only. However, if bad weather occurs during the time in which you have expected to use any items suitable for outdoor use and you are already in possession of the equipment, then we cannot be held responsible for non-use and no refunds can be issued. Unless prior permission has been given by Kids Rule, we cannot accept outdoor bookings during the months of October and March (inclusive) because of general weather conditions at this time of year. We also reserve the right to cancel any bookings for outdoor use with minimal notice if we feel the equipment will be dangerous to use due to bad weather conditions. If we do need to cancel very close to the event time due to bad weather conditions, then we cannot issue refunds but will offer you a credit for hire at a future date.
9. Kids Rule also reserve the right to cancel any booking at any time if we feel that the Hirer (or anyone connected to the Hirer) is being abusive or disrespectful to a member of our staff or mistreating any of our equipment. However, in this event, full payment will still be required and if payment has already been received then no refunds will be issued.
10. Cancellation of any booking will be chargeable at 50% of the total payment due (this is largely due to the equipment being reserved especially for you, the Hirer, on your chosen day and therefore we have been unable to hire it to any other customer). Alternatively, payment can be used towards a new booking on another date if used within 6 months from the date of the original hire date.
11. Only our delivery driver is authorised to collect the equipment and under no circumstances (unless given prior permission to do so) should any of the equipment be handed over to anyone other than our delivery driver.
12. PCN's When Kids Rule state in a final confirmation email that payment must be made as cash on delivery we expect this payment immediately after setting up the equipment (or if not setting up on the event day/time, at the time of delivery). If this does not occur and we receive a PCN for overdue parking, due to having to wait for payment, then the Hirer will be held wholly responsible for payment of the PCN. Therefore, please always ensure that payment is readily available on delivery so that this does not occur. Additionally, PCN's will also be payable by the Hirer if they state at the time of booking that there is free parking available and this is not the case. If Kids Rule arrive outside the property/venue at the time of delivery and have to park illegally to deliverwe will hold the Hirer responsible for payment of the PCN. Please work with us in this case as we are sure you can appreciate parking restrictions can sometimes be an issue.
TERMS/RULES OF HIRE FOR THE SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT ON HIRE TO YOU ARE SET OUT BELOW:
Soft Play/Ball Ponds/Hoppers
1. Adult supervision is required at all times with all of our equipment.
2. If the Hirer is setting up themselves, please avoid setting up any equipment too close to pillars, radiators, fireplaces, steps, stairs, slopes or even walls where possible. Ideally, a metre clearance around all sides is recommended.
3. All soft play pieces/equipment must remain and be used on the mats provided at all times.
4. All of our soft play packages can be used indoors only (unless in exceptional circumstances where prior permission has been given by Kids Rule).
5. Children must remove their shoes before using any of the soft play/ball pond equipment. Food, drink, glasses, belts, streamers, silly string and pets are forbidden on all equipment due to a high risk of permanent damage.
6. Equipment returned in a dirty condition will be subject to a cleaning charge of a minimum of £10. Without prior permission from Kids Rule, no children who have been face-painted can use the equipment due to the make-up staining and absolutely no streamers or silly string is permitted near the equipment as this can also permanently stain. If this occurs Kids Rule will need to charge for damages.
7. 5 years is the maximum age limit for use on any of our soft play/ball pond packages.
8. Under no circumstances should the soft play pieces or ball ponds be used as seating by any adults or children over the age of 5 as this can permanently damage/mis-shape the equipment.
9. We request that the Hirer ensures that all balls are kept in the ball pond throughout the hire period. A £10 refundable holding deposit is required per hire for a ball pond but with prior agreement, Kids Rule will hand the bag for the balls to the Hirer for them to pack the balls away at the end of the party with no deposit necessary.
10. Slides: These must not be used for children to get into the ball pond as they are not made for this use and could cause injuries/accidents. Additionally, if Kids Rule are not setting up on delivery, then slides will be delivered folded. As per our demonstration which we will give you on delivery, please ensure that when the slide is opened up for use, the top of the slide section clicks into place on both sides. If not fully clicked into place then a child could trap a finger which could be very painful and may cause injury.
11. Hoppers/Bouncers: These should be used on mats supplied at all times (unless on soft flooring such as grass or carpet) for safety reasons. If hired without mats Kids Rule will not be held responsible for any injury/accidents occurred to any person(s) whilst in use.
12. Mats: We currently use 3 different types of mats and on occasion will supply you with the EVA foam mats. These mats can be easily damaged with heels so please ENSURE a no shoes policy at your event. Any damages incurred will be payable by the Hirer.
Pick 'n' Mix Games and Activity Toys
Beat The Buzzer
Giant Flexible Lego/Construction Building Blocks/Giant Building Blocks
Mega 4 in Line Monster Toss
Ride-Ons (Scuttlebugs, Didicar Walk 'n' Rides, Didicars, Wheelybugs)
Soft Play Noughts & Crosses
Adult supervision is required at all times with all of our equipment. If the Hirer is setting up the equipment themselves, please avoid setting up any equipment too close to pillars, radiators, fireplaces, steps, stairs, slopes or even walls where possible. Ideally, a metre clearance around all sides is recommended.
Please read further for hire rules on specific equipment in our Pick 'n' Mix selection:
1. Hoppers/Bouncers: These should be used on mats supplied at all times (unless on soft flooring such as grass or carpet) for safety reasons. If hired without mats Kids Rule will not be held responsible for any injury/accidents occurred to any person(s) whilst in use.
2. Ride Ons: These must only be used on a smooth, level surface (no slopes!) and away from any steps. Only 1 rider at a time and no standing on seats. They also must only be used by children able to walk unassisted. Maximum rider weights as follows:
Didicar Walk 'n' Ride: 25kg
3. Whizzy Dizzy: Not suitable for children under 3 years of age. Must only be used on a flat even surface and not near any steps.
4. GIANT GAMES - Mega 4 in Line, Soft Play Noughts & Crosses and Monster Toss: If any pieces are missing at the end of the hire period there will be a charge as listed below. If the Hirer would like to double check that there are the correct number of pieces at the beginning of the hire period then please ask a member of Kids Rule staff to check this with them upon delivery. Please note that the count for each is as follows:
Mega 4 in Line: 42 counters (21 green and 21 pink). Missing counters chargeable at £5 each.
Giant Soft Play Noughts & Crosses: 10 pieces. Any missing pieces chargeable at £20 each.
Monster Toss: 5 bean bags. Any missing bean bags chargeable at £5 each.
5. GIANT BLOCKS - Giant Flexible Lego/Construction Building Blocks/Giant Building Blocks: If any pieces are missing at the end of the hire period there will be a £5 charge per piece. If the Hirer would like to double check that there are the correct number of pieces at the beginning of the hire period then please ask a member of Kids Rule staff to check this with them upon delivery. Please note that the count for each is as follows:
Giant Flexible Lego: 80
Construction Building Blocks: 20
Giant Building Blocks: 70
6. SLIDE: If Kids Rule are not setting up on delivery, then slides will be delivered folded. As per our demonstration which we will give you on delivery, please ensure that when the slide is opened up for use, the top of the slide section clicks into place on both sides. If not fully clicked into place then a child could trap a finger which could be very painful and may cause injury.
Tables and Chairs
1. Our table and chair sets are suitable for children up from approximately 2-10 years of age and will comfortably sit 4.
2. At no time should anyone be permitted to use the tables or chairs to stand on.
3. If any table or chair is damaged or missing at the end of the hire period the Hirer will be held liable and charged for a replacement.
Please complete details below: